International Journal of Medicinal Plants Research
About this Journal
Aims and Scope
International Journal of Medicinal Plants Research is a peer-reviewed, open-access journal that publishes original research papers, critical reviews, short communications and case reports on the latest developments in all areas of medicinal plants, ethnobotany, pharmacognosy and phytotherapy. The aims of the journal includes, but is not limited to:
- To provide a viable reference to published materials on plants containing substances of medicinal value and to keep track of the most recent methodological and theoretical developments in the discipline. All submissions are blind reviewed and those accepted are published online either immediately or at the earliest opportunity.
- The journal is a multidisciplinary communication platform, dedicated to publishing high quality papers in all areas of medicinal plants research including plant growth and development, agronomic management, plant nutrition, plant physiology, cell biology, molecular biology, biotechnology, medicinal properties, phytochemical constituents, fitoterapia, pharmacognosy, ethnobotany, ethnopharmacy, phytotherapy, essential oils, ehnopharmacology and phytomedicine.
- The journal serves as a focal point through which investigators and others may publish material of significance to the production, marketing, and utilization of these plants and associated extracts. The journal covers the following topics: growth, development, horticulture, ecology, physiology, genetics, chemistry, economics, botany, biochemistry, phytochemistry, ethnopharmacology, fitoterapia, phytomedicine, ethno-medicine, pharmacognosy, antibacterial & antifungal activities of medicinal plants and microbial loads in herbal drugs, ethnobotany, secondary metabolites, natural products, herbal medicines, eco-phytochemistry, chemotaxonomy, poisonous plant, bio-protective and defensive chemistry, genetic resources, breeding, wild-collection, domestication, propagation, cultivation, phytopathology and plant protection, mechanization, conservation, processing, quality assurance, analytics and economics.
- The journal aims to improve production of tailor made commodities by addressing the various requirements of manufacturers of herbal medicines, herbal teas, seasoning herbs, food and feed supplements and cosmetics. The journal intends to provide information of interest to an international audience of researchers, teachers, technicians, and managers involved with production and/or marketing of herbs, spices, and medicinal plants. Managers of food companies, food processing facilities, medical research laboratories, government agencies, and others interested in new chemicals, food additives, international trade, patents, and other items can easily review new findings.
- All articles published by this journal are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication, without subscription charges or registration barriers. Kindly visit these links for more information about our Copyright and Open Access Policy.