African Journal of Internal Medicine
African Journal of Internal Medicine ISSN 2326-7283 Vol. 5 (1), pp. 384-388, January, 2017. © International Scholars Journals
Full Length Research Paper
Profile of blood pressure and glycemic figures of obese people in the common of tchamba (Togo)
Assane Hamadi1, Balaka Abago2, Tchamdja Toyi3*, Djagadou Kodjo Agbéko2, Djibril Mohaman Awalou2
1Department of physiology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Lomé,Togo,
2Department of internal medicine, Faculty of Health sciences , University of Lomé, Togo,
3Department of internal medicine, Faculty of Health sciences , University of Kara, Togo.
Received 26 November, 2016; Revised 30 November, 2016; Accepted 22 December, 2016 and Published 02 January, 2017
Investigate the profile of blood pressure and blood sugar figures of obese people in the municipality of Tchamba. We conducted a cross-study examining the obese population Tchamba Municipality during the period 20 October to 20 December 2011. Female has characterized our sample with a sex ratio F/H equal to 2.46. The age range of 46 to 60 years was the most represented (35%).Considering the BMI, obesity was mild in 50% of subjects; average at 34.44% and severe in 15.55% of the subjects. Considering the WC / HC ratio, obesity was observed android kind in 30% of our subjects, gynecoid kind in 38.88% and mixed in 31.11% in subjects of our study. The association with HBP and diabetes has been observed among our subjects and 58.88% of persons had presented figures fasting glycemic located within the normal range and the other 41.11% had high numbers. This study observed a trend to elevation of blood pressure and blood sugar with obesity. Indeed, progressive parallelism was noted between obesity and blood pressure first, and secondly, between the glycemic figures and obesity.
Keywords: Obesity, glycemy, blood pressure, cardiovascular risk, non-commutable diseases, Togo.
List of Other Journals
[Abstract][Full Article - PDF][Download Full Article - PDF]Search Pubmed for articles by:Assane Hamadi Balaka Abago Tchamdja Toyi* Djagadou Kodjo Agbéko Djibril Mohaman AwalouSearch Google Scholar for articles by:Assane Hamadi Balaka Abago Tchamdja Toyi* Djagadou Kodjo Agbéko Djibril Mohaman AwalouPreferencesRelated ArticlesEmail this Article to a friendPrint this ArticleArticle Access Statistics
PDF Downloaded 1336