International Journal of Agricultural Economics and Extension
Aims and Scope
International Journal of Agricultural Economics and Extension ISSN 2329-9797 is a peer-reviewed, open access journal which aims to publish articles in all areas of agricultural economics, agricultural extension, agricultural education and rural development. The journal aims to cover the economics of agriculture in its broadest sense, from food consumption and nutrition to land use and the environment, at every scale of analysis from households to markets and the macro-economy. The journal also covers research on agricultural economics with relation to other fields such as statistics, marketing, politics, and business management as well as history and sociology and the environment.
The journal also aims to:
- Provide a forum for scholarship in agricultural economics, extension, rural development and resource economics including topics concerning: agri-food, agri-business, the environment and natural resource uses.
- Publish a range of theoretical, applied and policy-related articles. It focuses on the economics of agri-food and renewable resource related issues.
- Present high-quality research in a forum that is informative to a broad audience of agricultural and applied economists, including those both inside and outside academia, and those who are not specialists in the subject matter of the articles.
- Publish articles focusing on the synthesis and integration of applied research and on future research agenda. The journal will accept for publication from prospective author(s), manuscripts that are relevant to the area of focus of the journal.
The journal covers a variety of topics which are as follows:
- Agricultural economic theory and policy
- Agricultural market
- Agricultural R&D and extension
- Labor use and migration
- Rural sociology
- Development of rural non-agricultural industries
- Resource economics
- Environment protection
- Agricultural lending and credit issues
- Microfinance and microcredit
- Risks affecting agriculture and agribusiness
- Agricultural sociology
- Extension administration and supervision
- Programme planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Diffusion and adoption of innovations
- Extension communication models and strategies
- Extension research and methodological issues
- Home economics
- Extension youth programme
- Extension and the environment