International Journal of Law and Legal Studies
Aims and Scope
International Journal of Law and Legal Studies ISSN 2463-5634 is a peer-reviewed, open access journal that publishes high quality articles on topical legal issues, conflict studies, forensic psychology, penology, victimology, criminology and crime-related sciences. The journal welcomes articles that express the thinking of specialists or experts regarding problems with current law and potential solutions to those problems. IJLLS intends to provide a rich source of scholarly inquiry into legal history, philosophy, economic analysis, sociology and also raise important and complex issues concerning equality, fairness, and justice. The aims of the journal include the following:
- The primary objective of the journal is to contribute to the body of legal knowledge through the publication of high quality articles.
- To publish articles that has the potential to shape politics, economics, history and society in various ways and serves as a mediator of relations between people.
- To publish articles on the economic analysis of regulation and the behavior of regulated firms, the political economy of legislation and legislative processes, law and finance, corporate finance, governance, industrial organization as well as articles that will be influential in the development of the law.
- To publish articles, essays, book reviews, and commentaries focusing on issues at the cross-roads of law and politics: the role of the judiciary in making law, the relationship of the three branches of government, federalism, the politics of the judicial appointment process, voting rights, campaign finance, redistricting, voter initiatives, ethics investigations, the politics of education, and religious freedom in a pluralist society.
- To examine law and society from the perspective of other cultures and to expand cross-cultural understanding in an increasingly global political community.
- The purpose of this multifaceted journal is to develop the study of law within a liberal arts framework and to explore the myriad ways in which law is connected with other disciplines pertinent to an understanding of society.
- To examine how law shapes and is shaped by political, economic, and cultural forces.
- To stimulate critical understanding of and inquiry about the theoretical frameworks, historical dynamics, and cultural embeddedness of law.
- To publish articles that grapple with important questions of social policy within the framework of significant concerns in jurisprudence and theories of justice. These concerns include individual liberty, privacy, and autonomy; political and social equality; the just distribution of resources and opportunities within society; the relationship between citizens and the state; democratic participation and representation; the moral commitments of the community; and the preservation of human dignity.
- To publish scholarship that examines law and legality from both humanist and empirical perspectives.
- The scope of the journal covers all aspects of law and legal studies, including technology law, intellectual property, biotechnology, privacy law, computer law, cybercrime, antitrust, space law, telecommunications, the Internet, and e-commerce.