International Journal of Law and Legal Studies
About this Journal
Aims and Scope
International Journal of Law and Legal Studies ISSN 2736-1608 is a peer-reviewed, open access journal that publishes high quality articles on topical legal issues, conflict studies, forensic psychology, penology, victimology, criminology and crime-related sciences. The journal welcomes articles that express the thinking of specialists or experts regarding problems with current law and potential solutions to those problems. IJLLS intends to provide a rich source of scholarly inquiry into legal history, philosophy, economic analysis, sociology and also raise important and complex issues concerning equality, fairness, and justice. The aims of the journal include the following:
- The primary objective of the journal is to contribute to the body of legal knowledge through the publication of high quality articles.
- To publish articles that has the potential to shape politics, economics, history and society in various ways and serves as a mediator of relations between people.
- To publish articles on the economic analysis of regulation and the behavior of regulated firms, the political economy of legislation and legislative processes, law and finance, corporate finance, governance, industrial organization as well as articles that will be influential in the development of the law.
- To publish articles, essays, book reviews, and commentaries focusing on issues at the cross-roads of law and politics: the role of the judiciary in making law, the relationship of the three branches of government, federalism, the politics of the judicial appointment process, voting rights, campaign finance, redistricting, voter initiatives, ethics investigations, the politics of education, and religious freedom in a pluralist society.
- To examine law and society from the perspective of other cultures and to expand cross-cultural understanding in an increasingly global political community.
- The purpose of this multifaceted journal is to develop the study of law within a liberal arts framework and to explore the myriad ways in which law is connected with other disciplines pertinent to an understanding of society.
- To examine how law shapes and is shaped by political, economic, and cultural forces.
- To stimulate critical understanding of and inquiry about the theoretical frameworks, historical dynamics, and cultural embeddedness of law.
- To publish articles that grapple with important questions of social policy within the framework of significant concerns in jurisprudence and theories of justice. These concerns include individual liberty, privacy, and autonomy; political and social equality; the just distribution of resources and opportunities within society; the relationship between citizens and the state; democratic participation and representation; the moral commitments of the community; and the preservation of human dignity.
- To publish scholarship that examines law and legality from both humanist and empirical perspectives.
- The scope of the journal covers all aspects of law and legal studies, including technology law, intellectual property, biotechnology, privacy law, computer law, cybercrime, antitrust, space law, telecommunications, the Internet, and e-commerce.
- All articles published by this journal are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication, without subscription charges or registration barriers.
- All works published by this journal are under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY).
- Authors of articles published in this journal are the copyright holders of their articles and have granted to any third party, in advance and in perpetuity, the right to use, reproduce or disseminate articles.
International Journal of Law and Legal Studies levies an article-processing charge of $500 (USD) for each article accepted for publication. The journal does not charge a submission fee. Authors are required to pay the manuscript handling fee only after their manuscripts have been reviewed and accepted for publication by an editor. Authors can request a waiver or discount during the submission process as the journal routinely waive charges for authors from low-income countries.
ISJ offsets publication expenses – including the cost of peer review management, journal production, and online hosting and archiving – by charging an Article Processing Charge (APC), to authors, institutions or funders for each article published. This publication fees vary by journal and are payable upon article acceptance.
Peer-review is the system used by International Journal of Law and Legal Studies to assess the quality of a manuscript before it is published. Qualified researchers in the relevant research area assess submitted manuscripts for originality, validity and significance to help editors determine whether the manuscript should be published or not.
International Journal of Law and Legal Studies operates a double-blind peer-review system, where the reviewers of the paper won't get to know the identity of the author(s), and the author(s) won't get to know the identity of the reviewer. The advantage of double-blind peer review is that it eliminates bias.
Manuscripts submitted to this journal will generally be reviewed by two or more experts who will be required to evaluate whether the manuscript is scientifically sound and coherent, whether it duplicates already published work, and whether or not the manuscript is sufficiently clear for publication. The Editors will reach a decision based on these reports and, where necessary, they will consult with members of the Editorial Board.
The editors of ISJ take a very serious stance against any evidence of plagiarism including self-plagiarism in manuscripts submitted to them. Every reasonable effort will be made to investigate any allegations of plagiarism brought to their attention, as well as instances that come up during the peer review process.
International Scholars Journals (ISJ) is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and abides by its Code of Conduct and aims to adhere to its Best Practice Guidelines.
All journals published by ISJ are committed to publishing only innovative and original material i.e., material that has neither been published elsewhere, nor is it under consideration for publication by another publisher.
ISJ Self-Archiving Policy
Authors of articles published in any of our journals are permitted to self-archive the submitted (preprint) and accepted (peer-reviewed) version of the article at any time. There is no embargo period. At ISJ, we strongly believe that self-archiving makes research to be widely “visible, accessible, harvestable, searchable, and useable,” thus increasing its reach and impact, and possibly the number of citations it receives.
The submitted version may be placed on:
The author's personal website
The author's company/institutional repository or archive
Not for profit subject-based preprint servers or repositories
To read more about ISJ self-archiving policy at Sherpa/Romeo, click here: https://v2.sherpa.ac.uk/view/publication_by_publisher/2634.html
Benefits of publishing in this journal
At ISJ, we continue to work hard to support our authors who trust us with their works. Here are just some of the benefits we provide:
- Open Access: Our research is freely available to all, from the time of publication. Readers do not need a subscription or to register before they can access our articles.
- High visibility: ISJ allows maximum visibility of articles published in the journal as they are available to the widest possible scientific outreach, including to the general public.
- Rapid publication: The timeframe between acceptance and publication is about 3 weeks. All ISJ journals offer a fast publication schedule.
- Rigorous peer-review: ISJ is operated by a team of experienced professional editors. We work closely with academic editors and reviewers to provide authors with an efficient, fair, and constructive reviews.
- Post-publication comments: ISJ allows readers and authors to exchange ideas that are directly accessible from the full-text article.
- International readership: All articles are being accessed from over 200 countries worldwide.
- Promotion and press coverage: Articles published in this journal are included in article alerts and regular email updates.
- Access and reach: We continue to submit our journals to all known abstracting and indexing services.
- Flexibility: ISJ journals gives you the opportunity to publish at your convenience.
- Copyright: Authors retain the copyright to their works. Authors are allowed unlimited use and/or distribution of their work without any form of restriction. As an author of an article published in any ISJ journal, you retain the copyright of your article and you are free to reproduce and disseminate your work.
To subscribe for an article published by any of our journals, kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The subscription rate is $350 and it is the same for all countries. The subscription charges are inclusive of delivery charges. All journals are open access and subscribers shall receive the print edition.