International Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology
About this Journal
Aims and Scope
International Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology is a peer-reviewed, open access journal that considers articles on all aspects of public health and epidemiology, including the social determinants of health, the environmental, behavioral, and occupational correlates of health and disease, and the impact of health policies, practices and interventions on the community.
The aims of the journal include the following:
- To promote communication among those engaged in the research, teaching, and application of epidemiology of both communicable and non-communicable disease, including research into health services and medical care.
- To promote debate and discussion on practical and theoretical aspects of epidemiology, including new epidemiological concepts and methods, novel ways of presenting and providing insights into existing epidemiological concepts and methods, including the teaching environment, use of epidemiological research methods in non-medical settings (e.g. criminology), causal inference in epidemiology, applications of new technologies in field studies (e.g. mobile technologies, pattern recognition techniques, social networking tools), ethical issues in epidemiological research, new statistical methods, or novel uses of existing methods in epidemiological studies, methodological developments in molecular and genetic epidemiology and novel applications in these areas, historical articles and re-assessments of classic papers etc.
- To promote the quality of clinical and patient-oriented health services research through the advancement and application of innovative methods of conducting and presenting primary research; synthesizing research results; disseminating results; and translating results into optimal clinical practice.
- To publish high profile articles that will incorporate the interdisciplinary approaches of epidemiology, biostatistics, health services, environmental health, community health, behavioral health, health economics, public policy, insurance medicine, mental health and occupational health and safety.
- To publish articles that will benefit physicians specializing in public health/community medicine/infectious disease, psychologists, epidemiologists, biostatisticians, medical assistants or assistant medical officers, public health nurses, midwives, medical microbiologists, environmental health officers / public health inspectors, pharmacists, dentists, dietitians and nutritionists, veterinarians, public health engineers, public health lawyers, sociologists, community development workers, communications experts, bioethicists, and others.
- To publish articles that plays an important role in disease prevention efforts in both the developing world and in developed countries.
- To publish papers that will improve the health and quality of life through prevention and treatment of disease and other physical and mental health conditions.
- To provide leadership on matters critical to health and engaging in partnerships where joint action is needed.
- To publish papers that will shape a research agenda by stimulating the generation, translation and dissemination of valuable knowledge;
- To publish research that will set norms and standards as well as promote and monitor their implementation;
- To publish articles that will articulate ethical and evidence-based policy options;
- To publish articles monitoring health situation and assessing health trends. Articles that serve as an early warning system for impending public health emergencies or document the impact of an intervention, or track progress towards specified goals; or monitor and clarify the epidemiology of health problems, allow priorities to be set, and inform health policy and strategies, or diagnose, investigate, and monitor health problems and health hazards of the community, are most welcome.
- All articles published by this journal are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication, without subscription charges or registration barriers. Kindly visit these links for more information about our Copyright and Open Access Policy.